Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 48--an unlikely blessing

So. Today I woke up just like any other morning, and got in the car to go to work, and when I started driving, I heard a horrible screeching sound coming from the back of my car. Upon getting out to check it, I discovered my muffler was dragging on the ground. Not good! So I called AAA, only to be informed that even though my membership card said it was valid until 8/31/10, it actually wasn't valid due to my change in marital status. OK, no problem. I could renew it via my credit card; I still had way more than $57 available on there (though I'd certainly be maxed out after the upcoming car repairs).

Hmm, not so much. Turns out because of some problem with the bank, I'm unable to use my card for anything until tomorrow. So, I could neither get my car fixed today, nor could I go to work.

Actually, I was somewhat relieved by the whole situation. Part of me had been dreading going into work today, even though I love my job. I think I just really needed the day to regroup, refocus, chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, and devote some serious effort to consciously creating my future.

Tomorrow will be back to the beloved grind, but I'm thankful I was forced to take the time to reset my sails today.

What about you? Was there a time when something bad happened to you and it turned out to be a huge blessing?

No comments:

Post a Comment